Free USB Analyzer Overview
Free USB Analyzer is a non-intrusive software USB sniffer and protocol analyzer for Windows.
Using this USB Analyzer you may capture and display any traffic passing over USB connections of your computer. Captured communication data raw binary format is parsed and decoded into a human-readable form, allowing you to review the exchanged data and perform effective forensic analysis of transmitted data packets.
The key feature of this Freeware USB logic analyzer is its ability to process monitored packets in real-time even under high traffic load. Together with other powerful features of this Free USB explorer and analyser utility it makes you able to explore and trace USB requests of all modern devices and applications, which are compatible with Hi-Speed USB 2.0 480 Mbit/s and SuperSpeed USB 3.0 5 Gbit/s dataflow.
How Free USB Analyzer Works
Program installs the filter driver between the USB host controller driver and the device driver and then monitors all USB Request Blocks (URBs), displaying them to the user in easily readable format.
This Free USB monitoring and analyzing software utility is designed for effective intercepting, capturing and decoding of communication traffic generated by any USB application passing through USB interfaces to and from devices connected to local or remote PC.
Free USB Analyzer supports advanced data filtering by URB type and USB endpoints.
Capturing and interactively displaying of data transferred via USB connections now made easy!
Free USB Analyzer Features
With our free USB sniffer and analyzer you can:
- Monitor the bus traffic, decode and display the USB data, filter bus traffic
- Intercept and view USB control transfers, interrupt transfers, bulk transfers and isochronous transfers
- Parse and reverse engineer USB protocols, reverse engineer USB devices, drivers and applications
- Capture data streamed via Hi-Speed USB directly to your computer
- Capture data traffic to the target Full-Speed USB 2.0 devices.
- Monitor data from external drives that flows between device interface and USB interface port
- Analyze data transfer protocols between local or remote computers and USB devices
If you are looking for complete software solution for development and debugging USB devices, drivers and applications, Free USB Analyzer is what you need. It requires no additional hardware and allows you to debug communication protocol errors, view and test device failures.
Free USB Analyzer OS support:
Our software Universal Serial Bus Analyzer supports all modern Windows server and desktop platforms starting from Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) and including Windows 8/8.1 x86 and x64 operating systems.
Free USB Analyzer Usage
You can use this USB communications viewer and debugger for:
- Debugging USB-related software applications and hardware devices
- USB hardware and device driver development
- Testing and troubleshooting USB software and hardware
- Reverse engineering of USB devices, drivers, applications and protocols
- Capturing and parsing USB descriptors, exploring USB device properties
- Exporting device communication data to your hard disk drive or removable media
- Spying and analyzing remote USB communications
- Understanding complex proprietary databus protocols
Free USB Protocol Analyzer Target Groups
Free USB protocol analyzer and decoder is an extremely useful tool for the following target groups:
- USB hardware and software developers
- IT system integrators and consultants, lab experts
- Engineers working in the field or in the lab
- SCADA software system engineers and embedded engineers
- USB Programmers, testers and IT support specialists
- Industrial control equipment support personnel
- USB device developers, manufacturers and vendors
- Science technicians and university students
Free Software USB Logic Analyzer Additional Usage Scenarios
Using this freeware USB explorer you also can:
- View the properties and nested devices of local and remote USB devices:
- USB driver stack: Device objects associated with each USB device driver used for I/O operations.
- USB descriptors: USB device descriptor, USB configuration descriptor, USB interface descriptor, USB endpoint descriptor.
- USB Plug and Play related information: Instance ID, Hardware ID, Software Key and more.
- Capture and decode the following kind of data passed over USB device stack:
- USB Request Blocks (URBs) and structures used by device drivers.
- I/O Request Packets (IRPs) used by PnP.
- I/O Control Requests (IOCTLs) used by kernel-mode drivers and user-mode applications.
- Incoming and outgoing data packets flowing through USB interface.
You'll find our Free USB sniffer and protocol analyzer useful while working with the following USB device classes:
- Audio (Sound card, speaker, microphone, MIDI)
- Communications and CDC Control (Ethernet adapter, Wi-Fi adapter, modem)
- Human interface device (HID) (Keyboard, joystick, mouse)
- Physical Interface Device (PID) (Force feedback joystick)
- Image (Webcam, scanner)
- Printer (Inkjet printer, laser printer, CNC machine)
- Mass storage (MSC or UMS) (Memory card reader, USB flash drive, digital camera, digital audio player, external drive)
- USB hub (Full bandwidth hub)
- Smart Card (USB smart card reader)
- Content security (Fingerprint reader)
- Video (Webcams)
- Personal Healthcare (Pulse monitor)
- Audio/Video (AV) (Webcam, TV)
- Diagnostic Device (USB compliance testing device)
- Wireless Controller (Bluetooth adapter)
- Miscellaneous (ActiveSync devices)
- Application-specific (IrDA Bridge, Test and Measurement Class (USBTMC) for test and measurement equipment, USB DFU (Direct Firmware update))
- Vendor-specific device class
Our Freeware USB Explorer and data streams parser is a most effective tool for developers, who deal with the following device classes:
- USB composite devices
- USB mass storage / USB drive devices
- USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) devices
- USB Human interface (HID) devices
- USB Video / Audio MIDI devices
Our Free Software USB Logic Analyzer and usb tracer will help you to capture USB Request Blocks and decode data flowing from and to the following USB Devices:
- USB to Serial adapter, USB Ethernet adapter, USB Modem, USB Serial (COM) Port, USB KVM switch, USB TV Tuner, USB Serial converter, USB Bluetooth adapter, USB Bar-code reader.
- USB Webcam, Video device, USB Microphone, Audio device.
- USB CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, BD players/recorders, Sound Bars and Home Theater Systems, USB Hard Disk Drives, HDD, USB pen drive (pendrive), USB Memory Cards.
- USB Joysticks, Keypads, Mice.
- USB Cameras, Receivers, Digital Camcorders, TV, Projectors and Screens, USB Printers, MP3 Players, Radios, Amps and Tuners.
- USB Gadgets, iPod, iPad, USB Tablets, E-Readers, Mobile Phones, Smartphone, Cell Phones, GPS Navigators.
- USB Networking and Wireless adapters, Computer Peripherals, USB Host Controllers and much more.
Download this Free USB port monitor and start to analyze USB communication bits and bytes in just few seconds!
Free USB Analyzer Advantages
- Fast. It works on high transfer rates without affecting PC performance.
- Flexible. It supports advanced data filtering and layout customization.
- Remote. It monitors devices connected to the remote computer.
- Social. It allows you to ask questions and get answers from experts.
- FREE. It costs you NOTHING!